Friday, June 1, 2012

morning rituals...



Seed toast and a couple cups of coffee



Taking my time to wake up in the morning is my ritual, along with coffee and seed toast! and just let me be honest for a sec here...I am totally confused when I wake up, so taking my time to get to a coherent place in my brain is kind of a requirement. last summer I decided that, for whatever reason, I needed flax seed oil in my life. so I came up with this kick ass morning food!.....well, I think it's kick ass anyway :) 

in a small bowl....

2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons flax seeds  (grind them in a coffee grinder. I grind until they are somewhere between coarse and fine. jess, however, likes hers fine. experiment)
1 tablespoon organic flax seed oil
1 teaspoon bragg's liquid amino
1 small dab of your favorite mustard (spicy brown mustard is my favorite, but the yellow stuff is good too)

now just mix up (it will look kind of dry....keep mixing it up. it will be kinda crumbly) and plop it all on a piece of yummy bread....personally i choose the butt end of a loaf of dave's killer bread. it's all seedy and organic and goes really well with my concoction.

you can get really good prices on nutritional yeast and flax seeds in the bulk section at Winco


happy morning :)



No comments:

Post a Comment